-1 tbsp lemon zest
-5 tbsp lemon juice, divided
-4 large eggs, at room temperature
-3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease and flour a bundt cake and set aside.
2. Beat butter with sugar for 5 minutes, until smooth and lightly-colored. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a small third bowl, mix buttermilk with 4 tbsp of lemon juice and the lemon zest.
3. One at a time, add the eggs to the butter sugar mixture, beating after each addition. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, beating just until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 65-75 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and place pan on a wire rack until cool to the touch. Run a knife around the edges and flip cake over onto wire rack to cool completely.
5. Whisk together remaining 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp of water and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Add an additional tbsp of water or a bit more confectioners' sugar to get mixture to desired texture. Pour glaze over cake. Slice cake and serve at room temperature.
*Cake can be stored for 2 days, well wrapped at room temperature