Although we have no qualms about eating this year round, there’s something particularly comforting about scooping bowls of this for breakfast on a chilly winter morning. Leftovers can be reheated—just serve with additional warmed milk to keep it moist.
One Year Ago: Turkey Quinoa Chili
Two Years Ago: Cinnamon Apple (Breakfast) Cake
Three Years Ago: Kale Chips
Amish Baked Oatmeal
-1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 cup milk
-3 cups oatmeal
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 large green apple, chopped
-cinnamon, to taste
-chopped pecans & brown sugar, to taste
-milk, for serving
1. Beat margarine, brown sugar, and eggs until fluffy.
2. Add milk, oatmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
3. Stir in apple and cinnamon.
4. Pour into a greased round casserole dish.
5. Top with chopped pecans & brown sugar.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Serve in bowls with warmed milk.