Two Years Ago: Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
Three Years Ago: Popovers
Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies
from Bon Appetit January 2013
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
-3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/4 cup powdered sugar
-2 large egg yolks
-1 large egg
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-8 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
-fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt
1. Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Beat butter with brown sugar, sugar, and powdered sugar for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, egg, and vanilla and beat for an additional 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. With mixer on low, add dry ingredients, beating just until combined. Use a spatula to fold in chocolate.
4. Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave 1 inch between cookies. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, just until golden brown on the edges. Allow cookies to cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.