(image from Amazon)To win your own copy of Weelicious, leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite kind of cracker. I'll accept entries until Saturday, October 6th (7 pm Central) and will announce the winner in Sunday's post!
slightly adapted from the Weelicious cookbook
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-2 tbsp packed brown sugar
-2 tbsp flax seed (could sub wheat germ)
-3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 cup peeled grated apple (1 small apple)
-3 tbsp canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, wheat germ, and cinnamon. Add the grated apple and toss with your hands to coat with the flour mixture.
3. Add the oil and mix with your hands until a smooth dough forms (will take 2-3 minutes).
4. Shape the dough into a flat disk and allow to rest for a few minutes. Roll out to a 1/2 inch thickness on parchment paper or a clean dry service. Cut into small sticks with a knife, or use a cookie cutter. Place the sticks/shapes on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
5. Cool and serve. Crackers will keep for 3-4 days covered at room temperature.