Whew. It's been a crazy year, but a fun one! Aside from all of the traveling, we've kept busy with work, our church, fitness, and spending time with friends as much as possible. Through it all, I've managed to maintain a consistent presence in our kitchen, which continues to surprise and amaze me. Tomorrow, I'll recap our Twelve in Ten challenge and introduce the blog challenge for 2011. In the meantime, I wanted to post 10 of our favorite recipes from the past year. It was HARD to choose only 10, but these are recipes I highly recommend you try this coming year!
In no particular order...
1. Turkey Burgers! But I couldn't choose just one. Instead, I recommend any of the following: Thai Turkey Burgers, Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers, Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Red Pepper Relish, or Greek Turkey Burgers.
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte! I'm still salivating over this dessert I made for Julia's birthday. Try it frozen!
3. This panzanella caprese has been a repeated recipe in our household....a rare occasion, but totally worth it!
4. Ryan and I still talk about this green grilled pizza, though any of our grilled pizzas are a favorite!
5. Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. Need I say more?
6. As soon as nectarines are in season again, fire up the grill and make these grilled pork chops with fresh nectarine salsa.
7. The list wouldn't be complete if I didn't include the lemon tart. I still remember Ryan's glee and Mike smacking his face with his hands over this dessert!
8. Pumpkin granola bars are good for breakfast, snack, or a dessert. Scour the grocery shelves for those few remaining cans of pumpkin. These are too good to wait until next Fall!
9. Wheat thins have been forever ruined for me. While I'll always love the ease and convenience of store bought crackers, they still don't compare to the flavor in freshly made crackers! So glad Maggie and I tackled these!
10. After watching my family go crazy for these mint oreo truffles, it's only right that I include them on the list. They were definitely a favorite this Christmas and I will be making many more batches over the next year!
Wow, choosing 10 was hard...especially as I began to look back over old blog posts. Take time to peruse on this site, using the label feature on the side or going through the archives by month. There are a LOT of great recipes! And please, keep coming back in 2011!! You can expect more of everything--I can't wait to see what great meals grace our kitchen this year!
Tell me, what's your favorite recipe from The Sweets Life in 2010?