My mom's sugar cookies are my favorite kind of sugar cookies, but as soon as I saw this recipe on Steph's blog, I knew I had to try these. Not only are they super cute, but they gave me an excuse to use both my pastry bag for frosting AND some of the festive Christmas sprinkles my mom sent me in my St. Nick's package :) These take a little bit of time to fill the muffin tin, but they're still simpler to make than rolling out the dough and later frosting each cookie, as I usually do with sugar cookies. There are so many fun decorating options with these--I can't wait to make them again!
Sugar Cookie Bites
from Stephanie Cooks
*for the cookies
-3 cups flour
-1.5 tsp baking powder
-1 cup butter
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add a little at a time to the butter mixture, mixing until the dough comes together.
4. Grease a mini muffin tin. Fill each hole with dough to the top of the tin, smoothing out with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for a few minutes. Remove cookies from the muffin tin carefully and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
**for the frosting (very sugary and sweet, but yummy!)
-2 cups confectioners' sugar
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1 tbsp water
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, water, and vanilla.
2. Beat on low speed to combine, then beat on medium speed for a full 5 minutes, until it looks like frosting.
3. Pipe onto cooled, cooked sugar cookies & decorate with sprinkles!