These are one of my new favorite meals. I still can't get over how good the flavor of these were and I'll definitely be making them again soon. In fact, when we were eating them, I went so far as to proclaim them my favorite turkey burger ever! I had seen several different "peanut turkey burgers" and "thai turkey burgers" recipes, so I kind of combined elements of my favorites to come up with the recipe below. We ate our burgers (on Arnold sandwich thins, the BEST alternative to buns!) with roasted brussel sprouts (another favorite!), but they'd be really good with oven-baked fries, especially if you're going for the burger and fry thing! Don't wait for summer to make these--they're perfect to make on your stovetop!
Thai Turkey Burgers
**makes 6 smallish burgers, make bigger if preferred
-1 lb ground turkey
-1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
-3-4 green onions
-2 large carrots
-2 tbsp lime juice
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-1/2 tsp ginger
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-cilantro, chopped (I used LOTS because we love cilantro!)
-approx. 1/2 c oatmeal (use more if necessary, could also substitute bread crumbs)
1. Chop green onions, carrots, and cilantro into tiny pieces (I used my food processor for this).
2. Mix in a large bowl with turkey.
3. Add peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
4. Stir until all is well-combined. Add in small amounts of oatmeal to thicken the mixture, if needed, until mixture is thick and able to stick together.
5. Form into desired number of patties.
6. Cook on a medium-high skillet, flipping every 2-3 minutes, until burgers are cooked through.
7. Serve on buns with desired garnishes (in our house this ranged from ketchup to peanut butter & cilantro & soy sauce!)