Oh baby, I've found my new favorite snack! I had tried making these once before, to eat with our tilapia sandwiches, but they turned out a little soggy. A reader suggested broiling them before removing from the oven and I had every intention of trying that this time...but ended up not needing to. This isn't so much a recipe as a method, but it's one that I'll be using again and again. These were reminiscent of the chips you'll find in many pubs around here, except significantly healthier. They were crunchy and tasty, thanks to the seasoned salt. I didn't even eat them with ketchup which is highly unusual for me (usually I'm using crispy potatoes as a means to get to ketchup ;))
Oven-Baked Potato Chips
-baking potatoes, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Using a sharp knife or a food processor, thinly slice potatoes.
2. Cover baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Dry sliced potatoes in sheets of paper towels to remove excessive moisture.
4. Place potatoes on greased sheets and spray with more cooking spray (or olive oil). Sprinkle with seasoned salt or desired seasonings.
5. Bake until crisped and browned, about 20 minutes.