(the bars, pre-slicing...and yes, that piece missing was thanks to my need to sample ;))
I felt like it had been weeks since I'd made Ryan a "snack" to enjoy in his lunches. Yes, I've been cooking and baking quite a bit, but things have been hectic and I haven't been making Ryan-specific treats as often as I usually do (he's spoiled, huh? :)) I was anxious to make something and these fit the bill for a number of reasons--namely that they didn't require the use of an oven and they utilized honey, which Ryan's been a big fan of lately.
These were so good, and didn't last long in our house! In fact, I think I ate just as many of these (or more) as Ryan. I had to make a second batch a few days later! They had a yummy peanut butter/honey flavor and the coconut and raisins were good additions. I can't wait to experiment with variations of this recipe!
No-Bake Granola Bars
adapted from RecipeZaar
-2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
-1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
-1/2 cup honey
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 cup raisins
-handful of sweetened coconut
1. In a large bowl, combine rice krispies, oats, raisins, and coconut.
2. Heat brown sugar and honey over stovetop until slightly boiling. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, until melted.
3. Pour warm mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well coated.
4. Press mixture into a greased 9 x 9 pan, pressing firmly with wet hand.
5. Chill bars in refrigerator until firm. Slice and enjoy!
**Remember last time I made granola bars? Those were good too!