The best part about this recipe is that you can make it up to a week ahead of time. So long as its stored in a sealed container, it'll taste fresh for days. I made it on a Monday to serve on a Friday and it tasted great. In fact, I've been chowing down on it today and it's still great (wish it were out of my house already, I can't stay away!)
This praline mix is not difficult to make and one batch yields a ton (but believe me, you'll want it all!). This is perfect for a party or to store in your cabinet to snack on. Enjoy!
Praline Party MixIngredients:
1 bag of pretzels (sticks, rounds, or knots)
1 box Crispex cereal
3 cups whole pecans
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine pretzels, cereal, and pecans in a large bowl and set aside (I didn't have a bowl big enough so I split evenly between two)
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt until it boils, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring from time to time (the mixture will bubble and froth).
3. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
4. Pour the mixture over the cereal mix and stir until well coated.
5. Lay the cereal mixture in a large roasting pan or on cookie sheets and bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and spread mixture on wax paper until cool. Store in containers with lids or ziploc bags until ready to eat!
Beware of its addicting powers!