This is a "Ryan-creation"--I'm merely doing the posting. He came up with the title and everything ;)
We decided we wanted pasta, so he took a look at what ingredients we had and this is what he came up with. As with all of his creations, this was great! I'm sad that zucchini season is nearing its end, I can't get enough of it this summer! This pasta was light-tasting and veggie-heavy, which is just how I like it. It was a great meal along with this salad.
This recipe could definitely be modified based on what's on hand, but here's the way Ryan did it:
12 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 large zucchini, chunked
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tomato, diced
3 chicken breasts
6-8 oz of chicken broth
chipotle-lime marinade (Schnucks brand)
sprinkle of garlic powder, salt, & pepper
feta cheese to taste
1. Cut chicken breasts into small pieces and marinate in chipotle-lime marinade for 1 hour.
2. Cook the chicken in a large skillet until no longer pink. While chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil and add the pasta. (Cook al dente)
3. Add the zucchini, red pepper, garlic, red onion to the chicken and let cook over medium heat.
4. After approximately 10 minutes, add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the cilantro and tomato and allow the mixture to simmer until broth is reduced by half.
6. Drain pasta and place in serving bowl. Season the chicken/veggie mixture with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add to the pasta.
7. Sprinkle pasta with feta cheese crumbles and serve warm.