Alexia garlic bread), throwing together a salad, or pouring wine.
1. Combine flour, milk, chicken broth, oil, and bay leaf in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook for 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, remove bay leaf, and stir in salt and pepper.
2. Spread 1 cup milk mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp water and spinach. Cook spinach until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Drain spinach, pressing to remove water from spinach. Increase heat to medium-high. Remove casings from sausage and add sausage to the pan, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Cook for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage from pan.
4. Add onion and garlic to pan and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining milk mixture along with spinach and cooking sausage. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
5. Line the bottom of the pan with noodles, over the milk mixture. Spread a thin, even layer of ricotto over the noodles followed by 1/3 of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
6. Lasagna can be frozen at this point. When baking, preheat oven to 375F. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until warmed through. Remove foil and broil for 4 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.