Wow! Go make these asap. These were soooo good. So good, in fact, that when cleaning up dinner I found myself picking the little bits of leftover squash and brussels off of the foil. Yum! I can't wait to eat the leftovers and I can't wait to make this again soon--what a perfect side dish!
-1 butternut squash (ours was about 2 lbs)
-brussel sprouts (we used a little over a lb)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop brussel sprouts in halves or fourths, depending on desired size.
2. Cut butternut squash in half. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Cut squash into chunks, cutting off the outer peel.
3. Toss the vegetables (we did them separately) in a large bowl with a little bit of maple syrup and olive oil (you don't need much at all, just enough to lightly coat the veggies!)
4. Line cookie sheets with foil and spread the vegetables out on them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Roast for 25-35 minutes in the oven, until the squash is soft (ours was good after about 25 minutes).
**This probably makes enough for 4 side-dish servings. As you can see, we had a lot more squash than brussels.