pumpkin soup. This soup took a little longer to put together than the pumpkin soup, mostly due to the peeling and chopping of the potatoes. Again, the blending of the soup was a little annoying (I definitely understand the appeal of an immersion blender!). However, the ingredients were simple and the taste was excellent! I loved the addition of yogurt which made it so thick and creamy. A perfect fall soup! We ate this with a spinach salad, which I'll post in the next couple of days.
Creamy Sweat Potato and Kale Soup
slightly adapted from In Good TasteIngredients:
-3 large sweet potatoes
-drizzle of olive oil
-1 sweet onion, sliced
-2 teaspoons cumin
-1 quart chicken broth
-1 3/4 cup plain, fat free yogurt
-1 bunch of kale, chopped
1. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Set aside.
2. Add olive oil, onion, and cumin to a large pot. Saute for a few minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. Add broth and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft (20-25 minutes).
4. Remove soup from heat and stir in yogurt.
5. In batches, blend the soup until creamy (or use an immersion blender).
6. Add kale to the soup and heat for another 20-25 minutes.
**This probably makes 5-6 servings, depending on their size.