Well, I think it's safe to say this is another one of those meals that tasted better than it looks here. Sometimes I'm in too much of a rush to eat and can't be bothered to slow down and attempt to take a decent picture.
Anyways, I was looking to use up some spinach and peppers that are in our fridge before they went bad and I found this recipe after searching online a bit. This was a cinch to make, which I appreciated because I've been far too busy and overwhelmed (mostly with work) to make anything time-consuming. It was very spicy, almost too spicy, so next time I'd probably use a smaller amount of red pepper flakes. Also, I'm not crazy about these tiny bay scallops...they smell too fishy to me and I much prefer the big ones! However, these worked well with the stir fry, which we ate over brown rice.
Glazed Scallops with Spinach and Peppers
adapted from recipezaar (changed a few things based on what I had)
-1 small orange pepper
-1 small yellow pepper
-1 tablespoon cornstarch
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-2 teaspoons granulated sugar
-8 oz bay scallops (could use more if preferred, once I cooked them it seemed like too few)
-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
-1 teaspoon vegetable oil
-1 tablespoon minced garlic
-1 teaspoon dried ginger
-1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
-7 cups baby spinach
1. Core and seed peppers. Slice into 1/2 inch strips.
2. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch with soy sauce until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in sugar.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add scallops and stir fry until light brown (mine took about 5-7 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add peppers, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper to the pan. Stir-fry until peppers are tender-crisp (mine took about 5 minutes).
5. Return scallops to the pan and pour the soy sauce mixture over everything. Stir until liquid reduces to a glaze. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
6. Serve over brown rice or noodles.