My sister-in-law's birthday is next week, but she's home from college for fall break this weekend and I wanted to bring her a special treat to enjoy while she's home. I immediately thought of these mini-cheesecakes that I've had saved in my google reader for awhile. Several months ago I made mini peanut butter cheesecakes that were awesome, but I wanted to try a different variation this time. These turned out just as well as the peanut butter ones (which I should really make again!!). Any dessert with oreos can't go wrong, right?
I forgot to take a picture of these until I'd already packaged them up to bring to Kate, so please excuse my lack of a decent picture. I saw this recipe on Cooking with Carrie, so click the link if you want to see some views of the cakes once they're out of the wrapper! She got the recipe from Martha Stewart's cupcakes, another reason you know these will be good :)
note: I halved the recipe that Carrie posted. She got 30 cheesecakes from her recipe but when I halved it I got 18!
-18 whole sandwich cookies (oreos)
-an additional 6 cookies, coarsely chopped
-16 oz cream cheese (I used 8 oz regular and 8 oz 1/3 less fat)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
-1/2 cup sour cream
-pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners and place 1 cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
2. Beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, beating to combine, and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Beat in sour cream and salt. Mix in chopped cookies.
4. Spoon batter into muffin liners, filling almost to the top of each.
5. Bake for 22 minutes, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set.
6. Cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.