I was looking for a way to use up the leftover spinach and artichokes from our calzones, but we were in desperate need of a grocery trip, so I wasn't left with much to work with. This frittata was a perfect way to use up the ingredients and made for a great lunch on Saturday!
-1/2 can artichoke hearts, chopped
-1/2 package frozen spinach
-splash of milk or half and half (we were out of BOTH, so I used heavy whipping cream)
-salt & pepper, to taste
-shredded cheese, to taste (I used a mexican blend)
-parmesan cheese, to taste
1. In a small skillet (9 inches), heat the artichokes and spinach over medium heat.
2. In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and mix with milk. Whisk until the yolks are combined. Season with salt & pepper. Add desired amount of cheese.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and continue to heat over the skillet until it begins to stiffen.
4. When it appears to be mostly cooked (but still a little runny in the center), sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5. Broil in the oven until center is set and cheese on top is browned.
6. Cut into wedges and enjoy!