Last weekend, we had some friends over to make homemade sushi. We basically did the same thing as last time, except we had a few additional ingredients for the rolls (smoked salmon, zucchini, etc). I wanted something else to serve besides sushi and edamame and when I saw this asian meatball recipe on Alice and the Mock Turtle, I thought it sounded perfect! I halved her recipe, and made 24 meatballs. These were the perfect accompaniment to our meal, especially when dipped in a "spicy eggplant sauce" we purchased at the asian grocery store.
original recipe here
-1 lb ground chicken
-1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and dried
-1/3 cup bread crumbs
-1/8 cup soy sauce
-1 tbsp chives, chopped
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1/4 tsp ground ginger
1. Chop off cilantro stems and chop the leafy parts.
2. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
3. Shape into meatballs, about a tbsp per meatball.
4. Bake meatballs on a prepared cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, turning once.
5. Serve with preferred dipping sauces!