Ever since I saw these muffins on Gabby's blog, I've been itching to make them. The opportunity arose the other day when Ryan emailed me at work and said "I just remembered that tomorrow is our floor's chili cook-off and we're supposed to bring something!". Lucky for him, I'll never pass on an opportunity to bake!
Unfortunately, because he took these to work, I didn't get to try one. Neither did he, actually, because they were all gone before he had a chance. We'll take that as a good sign! (I did have extra batter that I made into about 8 mini-muffins and when I tried a bite of those right out of the oven they were awesome!)
from What's Gaby Cooking
-1/2 stick butter
-2 cups flour
-6 tbsp cocoa powder
-3 tsp baking powder
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup mini marshmallows
-1 egg, beaten
-1 1/4 cup milk
1. Line a muffin tin with liners and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt the butter. In a large mixer, whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and sugar.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mixing well.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
6. Fill each muffin liner (can make mini muffins with extra batter!).
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.