Ryan's part of the Birthday Treat club at work, meaning he's responsible for bringing in treats from time to time for co-workers' birthdays. I chose this cookie recipe because it seemed relatively easy and these were one of Ryan's favorite cookies back in the day at Truman. These didn't turn out as large as the ones at Truman, but word on the street is they still tasted pretty great! These almost taste more like a brownie than a cookie and they're very chocolately!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
recipe found here
-4 tbsp butter or margarine
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 tsp vanilla
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 cup powdered sugar
1. Melt butter and chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave (I nuked for 30 seconds, stirred, then put them in for another 30 seconds and they were perfectly melted)
2. Beat together sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Stir in melted chocolate.
4. Add flour, salt, and baking powder.
5. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
6. Remove dough from fridge and roll tablespoons of dough into balls.
7. Pour powdered sugar into a bowl. Roll dough balls through powdered sugar until completely coated.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 325 degrees.
**made about 40 cookies