YUM. Words cannot even describe how good this bread was. It was the perfect accompaniment to our veggie soup and we literally had to stop ourselves and put it away before we devoured the whole loaf. While it was still great the next day, it was definitely best warm out of the oven! This bread was so easy to make and yielded such perfect results (despite the fact that I didn't add enough flour due to my inability to read measuring cups!), I'll definitely be making this again and again! Obviously it's easier just to pick up a loaf of bread at the grocery store or bakery, but after tasting this fresh, I'm excited to keep experimenting with baking breads!
recipe from Steph Chows
-1 1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp Italian seasoning (I just sprinkled some oregano and basil)
-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
-2 tsp dried thyme or rosemary (I used 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary)
-2 1/2 cups bread flour
-1 1/2 tsp white sugar
-2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (one package)
-1 cup water
-3 tbsp olive oil
-dash of large grain sea salt to top the loaf (optional but totally worth it!!)
1. Add dry ingredients (salt through yeast) to a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and combine (can also do by hand, it's just a little more difficult).
2. Warm water to 100-130 degrees (30 seconds in the microwave)
3. Create a well in the dry ingredients and add oil and warm water.
4. Mix dough until it cleans the sides of the bowl. Allow dough to knead on the hook in the bowl for 1-2 minutes.
5. Coat a clean bowl with olive oil. Add dough to bowl, turn to coat, and allow to rise in covered bowl for 1 hour.
6. Shape dough into square or round loaf. Brush top of dough with oil and top with sea salt or other seasonings.
7. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
SO GOOD, you must try this!!