for the streusel-
-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
-2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
-1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped and toasted (optional)
-1/2 tbsp ground ground cinnamon
for the cake-
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-3/4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 stick butter
-1 large egg
-3 large ripe bananas
-3 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix streusel ingredients and set aside.
3. In a second bowl, whisk flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl with an electric mixer, until fluffy. Beat in bananas and milk. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
5. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top evenly with half of the streusel. Cover with remaining batter, spreading with a spatula. Finish with remaining streusel.
6. Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350F, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.