Herb Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Sage
Two Years Ago: Lemony Kale Pasta
Three Years Ago: Peanut Butter Brownie Cups
for the topping-
-2 cups chopped strawberries
-1/3 cup sugar
-1 tbsp cornstarch
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 10-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
2. Beat sugar, canola oil, and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until well-mixed. Stir in vanilla, lemon rind, and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a third, small bowl, whisk sour cream with milk. Add sour cream mixture and flour mixture alternately to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until an inserted wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
5. To make the topping, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes or until thick. Drizzle strawberry topping over cake just before serving.