slightly adapted from Amandeleine
-1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
-1 cup M&Ms
-1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
-1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
-1 cup flour
-1/4 cup sugar, granulated
-1/3 cup sugar, brown packed
-1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and grease. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pecans and flour, mixing until well-combined.
2. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture and press the remaining into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla, beating until well-combined. Add the egg and mix.
4. Remove crust from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup M&Ms over the crust. Spread cream cheese filling over M&Ms. Top with remaining crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup M&Ms.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before covering and refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve.