|Chickpea Salad with Roasted Vegetables|
Meals like this are proof that healthy eating can be cheap, easy, and satisfactory...even without the mushrooms!
Two Years Ago: Bacon and Egg Risotto and Spinach, Pear, Pecan, and Cranberry Pinwheels
Three Years Ago: Chocolate Chip Reese's Pieces Cookies and Split Pea Soup
Four Years Ago: White Chicken Chili
from Budget Bytes
-2 medium-sized zucchini
-1 red onion
-1 medium-sized eggplant
-8 oz button mushrooms
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1/2 tsp dried oregano
-1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
-freshly ground pepper
-2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas
-handful fresh parsley, chopped
-2 oz feta cheese
-1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray. Cut the zucchini, onion, eggplant, and mushrooms into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables on the prepared baking sheets, spreading in an even layer.
3. Roast for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges (stir once halfway through).
4. While vegetables are roasting, drain and rinse the chickpeas.
5. Allow vegetables to cool for 5 minutes before tossing with chickpeas, parsley, and feta. Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture and gently stir, seasoning with more salt if desired. Serve immediately.