|Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread|
Three Years Ago: Slow Cooker Spicy Vegetable & Chicken Sausage Stew and Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Four Years Ago: Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread
slightly adapted from Ellie Krieger - Food Network
-1 cup bread flour
-1 cup all purpose flour (or use 2 cups bread flour)
-2 cups whole-wheat flour
-1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
-1 1/4 cups water
-1 large egg
-2 tbsp canola oil
-3 tbsp honey
-2 tsp salt
-1 package fast-acting yeast
-2/3 cup raisins
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1. Measure water in a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave for 1 minute. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flours, dry milk, egg, canola oil, honey, salt, yeast, and water. Mix with the dough hook for 3 minutes on low, then increase speed to medium and mix for 5 more minutes.
2. Transfer dough to a large bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature, for 1 hr 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
3. Soak the raisins in boiling water for 30 minutes or until plump. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
4. Once dough has risen, transfer to a floured work surface. Per Ellie's instructions: "Picture it as a loose square. Lift up one side of the dough and fold about 1/3 of it across. Press down on the dough to remove any air bubbles. Repeat with remaining 3 sides of the dough."
5. Grease two 9 x 5-inch bread pans with cooking spray and set aside. Divide dough in half and roll each half into an 8-inch square. Brush each square with canola oil, then sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar, and raisins.
6. Roll up each square of dough into a tight cylinder and place seam-side down in prepared pans. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375F. Bake bread for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove bread from pans and allow to cool completely on wire racks. Store wrapped in plastic wrap and ziploc bags at room temperature.