BLT pizza, are the result of recreating something I had in a restaurant. Sometimes it’s a matter of taking whatever ingredients we can find in the fridge and throwing it on a pizza that we then stick in the grill. This pizza went a little something like this:
1. I decide I’m craving pizza and thaw some Trader Joe’s pizza dough I had in the fridge, with the intention of picking up additional ingredients at the store that day.
2. A very proud husband asks me how I plan to use the mustard greens that he has been growing for the past several weeks (from seeds!, he’d want me to mention).
4. I remember I have a bunch of leftover tomato chutney in my fridge and decide it’s close enough to Indian spiced tomatoes.
5. The greens are picked, the chutney is grabbed, and feta cheese is swapped for goat cheese, resulting in one of my favorite and most creative pizza combinations to date. It was salty and spicy and a little sweet, just as good cold from the fridge on day #2!White Bean & Spinach Bulgur Salad with Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, and Blue Cheese
Two Years Ago: Corn Dip
Feta, Mustard Greens, and Tomato Chutney Pizza
-1 lb whole wheat pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
-2 cups chopped mustard greens
-8 oz crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out pizza dough and place on a pizza stone or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
2. While pizza crust is baking, saute greens in a medium-sized saucepan with a splash of olive oil until wilted.
2. Remove pizza and top with chutney, wilted greens, and feta. Return to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and crisp.