our baby GIRL arrived. Visions of little dresses immediately danced in my head! Needless to say, I've had a lot of fun shopping for Brecken over the last few weeks and my mother-in-law commented that it's like I'm dressing a Barbie every day ;) Come to think of it, when my sister and I played Barbies, all we really ever did was change their clothes a million times!
Joanne's blog, I knew I needed to make them asap. Cut 'em small and serve them cold. If you're the type who loves a glass of milk with your chocolate dessert, these are the perfect accompaniment!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars
as seen on Eats Well with Others
for the brownies-
-3/4 cup butter
-6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-3 large eggs
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
for the peanut butter cheesecake-
-8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
-1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate for the brownies. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir, and continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each, until the butter and chocolate are melted.
3. Whisk the sugars into the chocolate before mixing in the vanilla and eggs, until well-combined. Stir in the flour, mixing just until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and set aside.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Mix in the egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla on high for 2 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter, beating on high for 2 minutes. Spread the cream cheese layer over the brownie layer, spreading to cover the whole pan.
6. Bake for 38-42 minutes, until the top is golden and the center is set but still a bit loose (will continue to cook as it cools). Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before covering and refrigerating for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.