|Lemon Berry Buttermilk Muffins|
Lemon Berry Buttermilk Muffins
*makes 12 muffins
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tbsp melted butter
-1 cup buttermilk
-1/4 cup canola oil
-zest of 1 lemon
-juice of 1 lemon
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup fresh berries, coarsely chopped (I used raspberries and blackberries)
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, melted butter, oil, buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, beating until combined.
4. Gently mix in the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined (batter will still be lumpy). Fold in berries.
5. Divide batter evenly amongst muffin tin, filling each nearly all the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.