|Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips|
inspired by these cookies
-2 cups whole-wheat flour
-2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
-1 cup creamy peanut butter
-1 cup packed light brown sugar
-1/2 cup granulated white sugar
-2 large eggs
-1/2 - 1 cup old-fashioned oats
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1 cup peanut butter chips
-sea salt, for tops of cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
4. Stir in 1/2 cup oats. If dough seems too soft, add additional 1/2 cup of oats. Mix in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
5. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until cookies are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.