This was good warm, from the oven or microwaved, but after a day or two we stuck in it the fridge and I really liked it cold as well.
Banana Blueberry Bread
adapted from Eating Well
-3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
-3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
-1/4 cup applesauce
-2 large eggs
-1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
-1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 tbsp wheat germ (optional)
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
-1 1/4 cups blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, and eggs. Stir in mashed bananas until well-mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in blueberries and pour batter into pan.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes until top is brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.