Tuesday, June 15, 2010
This was far and away a crowd favorite at the graduation party, with all but a few slices of the cheese remaining by the end of the night. Few people can resist cheese as it is. But toss it with a flavorful marinate and watch people go crazy! This is an ideal appetizer in that it can all be made ahead and removed from the refrigerator just before serving. Not to mention it'll be a surefire hit at your party!
-1/2 cup olive oil
-1/2 cup white wine vinegar
-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
-3 tbsp minced green onions
-1 tsp sugar
-3/4 tsp dried basil
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 oz. jar diced pimiento, drained
-8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, chilled
-8 oz. cream cheese, chilled
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Set marinate mixture aside (can be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated).
2. Cut clock of cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; set aside. Repeat procedure with cream cheese.
3. Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edge.
4. Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and marinate in refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
5. Serve with crackers or toast points.