While the photograph might not look like anything more than a mess on a plate, I assure you that this appetizer is a delight. Brie is one of my favorite cheeses lately, particularly on sandwiches, so I was excited to incorporate it into our girl's dinner. I came across this recipe, which sounded like a desserty version of brie. Dessert?! My sweet tooth is no secret; I had to give it a try.
Two thumbs up! I never would've guessed that brie paired so well with kahlua. This was good with green apples, toasted baguette, and all by itself :)
Kahlua Brie Appetizer
adapted from Cooking Cache
-1/2 cup chopped pecans
-1/4 cup Kahlua
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1 mini (14 oz.) brie (I just bought a large hunk and cut off a chunk for us)
1. Toast pecans in the microwave (place on a plate and microwave for a few minutes, checking after each minute to prevent from burning).
2. Mix kahlua and brown sugar in a small bowl, stirring to combine.
3. Place brie on a microwavable plate. Pour kahlua mixture on top of brie. Sprinkle pecans over brie.
4. Microwave for 1 minute, until brie is soft (maybe less than a minute, as 1 minute completely melted mine!)
5. Serve with sliced apples, crackers, or baguette.