I've eaten a LOT of pizza in my day, but I honestly think this is one of the best pizzas I have ever had. The flavor combination was spot on! My mom and I made a few pizzas when I was home over Christmas, and this one was my favorite! I plan to blog the others eventually, but I left the recipes at home so I have to convince my mom to send them to me :)
We found this recipe online, searching for a goat cheese pizza. As soon as we saw this one, we knew it would be a winner! While this made a great dinner, it would also be a perfect appetizer. If you're a fan of goat cheese....or caramelized onions....or basil....or apple, you MUST try this!
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
recipe from East Village Kitchen
-1 pizza crust (we bought Trader Joe's pre-made crust)
-4 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
-1 green apple, sliced thin
-1 1/2 cups caramelized onions
-1 cup roughly chopped basil
-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (we probably used less than this, just drizzled on accordingly)
1. Roll out pizza crust on prepared baking pan or pizza stone.
2. Press caramelized onions (can prepare ahead of time) and apple slices into the dough, making a slight indentation.
3. Sprinkle fresh basil and goat cheese over the pizza, covering evenly.
4. Drizzle the balsamic over the pizza.
5. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, or until crust is light brown.