I wanted to bring something with chocolate to our New Year's Eve dinner, in case there were some non-trifle lovers. While at the grocery store, I noticed that all Christmas candy was 50% off. Score! I snatched up a bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with this recipe in mind. It seems to be one of everyone's favorite cookies and I hadn't gotten around to making it with all of my Christmas cookie baking. These turned out delish, as always! This recipe isn't all that original, I used the one on the back of the Reese's bag, but I figured it was post-worthy because these cookies are just so good!
Peanut Butter Temptations
**recipe made 50 cookies. I only had about 35 peanut butter cups in my 11 oz bag, so I used Hershey's kisses in the center of the rest. These were just as good!
-about 50 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures
-1 stick of butter or margarine, softened
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Remove wrappers from candies. Line small muffin cups with paper bake cups.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until fluffy.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place one in each paper-lined or ungreased muffin cup. Do not flatten.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
6. Immediately upon removing from oven, press peanut butter cup in center of each cookie. Cool completely in muffin pan.