inside out buffalo hot wings!) However, people tend to go crazy for buffalo chicken dip at parties so I decided to take this variation of the dip and make it for New Year's Eve.
My sister Julia actually did all the work behind these. They are a little time intensive with the mixing, rolling, dipping, and baking, but bite into one and you'll be glad you put the effort in (easy for me to say when I just handed over the recipe, right? ;))! My favorite part of these was the texture. You begin to bite in and the outside crunches, but gives way to a cheesy, gooey center of buffalo chicken. Paired with ranch or blue cheese dip, these are a definite party favorite!
One Year Ago: Thai Turkey Burgers
Buffalo Chicken Cheese Bites
from Macaroni and Cheesecake
-1 store bought rotisserie chicken (or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
-1/4 cup hot sauce
-3 1/2 oz. cream cheese, softened
-1 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
-1/4 cup freshly sliced green onions
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-3 eggs, lightly beaten
-2 cups bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. If using a rotisserie chicken, remove breast meat and shred into pieces, discarding the skin. Add shredded chicken to a medium-sized bowl. Mix in hot sauce, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onions, until all is thoroughly combined.
3. With a small cookie scoop, scoop mixture out and roll into balls.
4. Place flour, egg, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls, arranged on the counter for dipping. (Start with 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, and 1 egg. add more as needed) Dip each buffalo chicken ball first in the flour (roll it), then the egg, and then the bread crumbs, until coated liberally. Place each on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot with dipping sauce (blue cheese or ranch dressing).
This post is linked to Eat at Home.