I hadn't made muffins in awhile and was surprised by how thick this batter was. I made twelve large muffins from the batter, though I could've easily stretched it out to make smaller, or even mini, muffins. However, they looked so pretty popping out of my muffin tin! And, according to Lauren, they didn't taste too bad either ;)
Fresh Peach Muffins
recipe adapted from Group Recipes
-1 1/2 cups brown sugar
-2/3 cup oil
-1 cup sour cream
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp baking soda
-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat and 2 cups all-purpose)
-2 cups fresh peaches, peeled & chopped
-cinnamon sugar, for sprinking atop muffins (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, and egg.
2. Add sour cream, salt, vanilla, and baking soda to the bowl, mixing to combine.
3. Slowly blend in flour; do not over-mix. Fold in peaches.
4. Pour batter into greased muffin cups and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes.