Still looking for ways to use up my bag of bulgur, I decided to switch things up and include the grain in our breakfast one Sunday morning. This breakfast didn't take more than 20 minutes to prepare and it was nice to switch it up from my hot breakfast of choice (oatmeal). I don't think it kept me as full as oatmeal does, but maybe next time I'll up the portion size. The orange juice provided some sweetness (I can handle oatmeal plain but I don't think bulgur plain would be as delish), and Ryan smartly added some pecans to his for some crunch (never mind the fact that those pecans were reserved for my spinach strawberry salad...whoops!).
-1/2 cup bulgur
-1 cup cold water
-1/2 cup orange juice
-pecans & dried cranberries, for toppings
1. Place bulgur in a small saucepan.
2. Add cold water and heat over medium heat until brought to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
4. Stir in orange juice and stir for 1-2 minutes.
5. Spoon into bowls and top with pecans and dried cranberries.