The winner of my Champion Sports Bra giveaway is Commenter #33 Lauren who said "I've been doing lots of hot yoga lately, so that's what I need it for. Thanks!" Lauren--send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can get you your prize!
One Year Ago: Pappardelle with Vegetables, Basil, and Asiago
Two Years Ago: Blushing POM Holiday Cheesecake
Three Years Ago: Homemade Whole Wheat Bagels
Green Bean, Grape, and Bacon Pasta Salad
from Southern Living July 2008
-1 cup chopped pecans
-8 bacon slices
-1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
-1 (8 oz) package penne pasta
-1 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
-1/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup red wine vinegar
-1 tsp salt
-2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
-1/3 cup diced red onion
-salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until lightly toasted.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, until crisp. Remove bacon, drain, and crumble.
3. Cook beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together mayo (or Greek yogurt), sugar, red wine vinegar, and salt. Add pecans, green beans, pasta, grapes, and red onion to the mixture, tossing to coat. Season with salt to taste. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours, or overnight. Just before serving, stir in bacon.