ice cream all winter long!).
homemade English muffins, giant ice cubes (you'll have to ask my cocktail connoisseur of a husband about that one!), and a few packages of cranberries. I've slowly been using them, in bundt cake, a healthy barley dish, and now these muffins.
What's in YOUR freezer?! Anything you tend to stock up on?
One Year Ago: Sweet Onion Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Two Years Ago: Mixed Citrus Green Salad
Cornmeal Cranberry Muffins
*Makes 1 dozen muffins
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/2 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 large egg, at room temperature
-1 cup milk, at room temperature
-1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Mix in cornmeal.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternately with the milk, until well blended. Fold in the cranberries.
4. Spoon batter evenly into prepare muffin pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until muffins turn light golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean.
5. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing muffins and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.