Right now, I'm sitting in a coffee shop, after work on a Monday afternoon, trying to catch up on some blog work. The thing is, I'd rather be home, stuffing my face with this pudding. Lucky for me, I do have one serving of this awaiting my arrival. In fact, I picked up a giant rice krispie treat at the coffee shop with the intent to purchase it, but then decided I'd much rather wait and finish off the pudding tonight, with an extra serving of whipped cream!
If that isn't a ringing endorsement for this pudding, I don't know what more to say!
homemade pudding! The chocolate flavor really comes through so I recommend using decent chocolate. I opted for Ghirardelli dark chocolate and found it to be the perfect complement to the Bailey's. Although I had whipping cream on hand and could've made the real stuff, I topped it with the whipped cream from a can (guilty. pleasure.)!
One Year Ago: Pumpkin Granola
Two Years Ago: Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Bailey's Dark Chocolate Pudding
from Gimme Some Oven
-1 1/2 cups milk
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used dark chocolate)
-3 tbsp corn starch
-2 tbsp butter
-4 oz chopped dark chocolate (I used Ghirardelli chips)
-1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
1. Whisk egg in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Combine milk, cocoa, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Whisk until blended, then place over medium low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken (5-7 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and pour a little bit of the heated mixture into the bowl with the egg. Whisk quickly to temper the egg. Once combined, pour the egg mixture back into the chocolate mixture. Return to medium low heat and cook just until it begins to boil.
4. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate and butter. Stir until both are melted and well blended. Add the Bailey's and stir until combined.
5. Divide amongst glasses or ramekins (I poured into three glasses, the size shown above, but you could easily stretch this to 4 servings!). Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped cream if desired.