This frozen "cake" has a healthy dose of coffee flavor. Alongside the Oreo crust and creamy white filling, this made for the perfect celebratory dessert. Though it looks, and kind of tastes, like an ice cream cake, the filling is actually made from cream cheese, homemade whipped cream, and sweetened condensed milk. When frozen, they take on an creamy, icy consistency that had us all mmm-ing.
The great thing about this dessert is that it can be made way ahead of time...and whatever isn't eaten can be returned to the freezer. Wrapped well, this will keep for months (though I doubt it'll remain untouched that long!).
One Year Ago: Hot Fudge Cake
Frozen Mocha Marbled Loaf Cake
-2 cups Oreo crumbs
-3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
-1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
-1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cups whipped cream, whipped
-2 tbsp instant coffee granules
-1 tbsp hot water
-1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with foil. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl until moistened. Press firmly into the bottom of the lined loaf pan.
2. Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until light and smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, mixing to combine. Fold in whipped cream. Set aside half of this mixture.
3. Dissolve coffee in hot water and fold into one half of the cream cheese mixture. Fold in chocolate syrup.
4. Spoon half of chocolate/coffee mixture over the crust. Top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Use a knife to swirl layers. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
5. To serve, remove from freezer and lift out of pan. Remove foil and cut into slices.
This post is linked to Eat at Home.