Magic Cookie Bars!). Why are these Magic? I'd say brownies that are calorie-free, carb-free, and sugar-free deserve the title of Magic, don't you?
Okay, so these aren't exactly completely absent of calories, carbs, or sugar. But that's what the members of our community group told each other as they dove into these. Whatever works, right? Magic or not, these are some good brownies! They're thin, but stuffed with Oreos and two kinds of chips, giving you a little something extra in every bite!
By the end of the night, the entire batch was gone, so obviously they're guilt-free...or just too good to be worth the guilt! Make them, share them, tell everyone they're magic!
One Year Ago: Marshmallow Muffins
Oreo and White Chocolate Brownies
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
-3/4 cup flour
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
-1/3 cup white chocolate chips
-1/3 cup canola oil
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup crushed Oreos, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake or springform pan.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in chocolate and white chocolate chips, mixing until blended.
3. In a small separate bowl, mix oil, eggs, and vanilla extract with a fork, just until blended. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture, mixing with a spatula just until blended. (Batter is pretty thick and dry!)
4. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed Oreos before pressing the batter into the prepared pan. You may need to use the spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Oreos.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out with only a few gooey pieces on it. Transfer dish to cooling rack and cool completely before cutting into wedges and serving.