One Year Ago: Southwestern Potato Salad
Two Years Ago: Fruit Salsa
Rosemary Grilled Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
adapted from Food & Wine Magazine
-3 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
-1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp
-2 tbsp chopped rosemary
-freshly ground pepper
-1 (8 oz) package portabello mushrooms, sliced
-2 (8 oz) packages white button mushrooms, sliced
-2 small onions, finely chopped
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-2 tsp chopped thyme
-5 medium tomatoes-halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Preheat grill. In a large baking dish, brush chicken with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and rub with the rosemary. Season with pepper and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 6-10 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, and thyme and cook until onions are translucent (about 5-10 minutes).
3. Add the tomatoes to the mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover partially and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender (about 15 minutes).
4. Season the chicken with salt and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
5. Season the mushroom mixture with salt and pepper. Spoon onto plates. Slice the grilled chicken on the diagonal (1/2 inch thick) and arrange on top of sauce.