Butternut Squash, Black Bean, and Feta Pita Sandwiches
-2 small butternut squash
-1 tbsp olive oil
-salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
-1 small container of low-fat plain yogurt
-zest of one lime
-juice of one lime
-1 can black beans, drained
-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
-1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cut off the top of the squash and cut in half length-wise. Scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt, pepper, cumin, and nutmeg.
2. Roast squash in the oven until fork tender (mine took close to 50 minutes).
3. When cool enough to handle, scoop out flesh and puree in a food processor or blender.
4. Heat drained black beans in a small saucepan over low heat.
5. Make the yogurt sauce by mixing the yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, 1/2 tsp. cumin, and salt & pepper, to taste.
6. Scoop squash puree, black beans, feta cheese, and cilantro into pita. (We heated our pitas in the microwave beforehand). Drizzle on yogurt sauce & EAT!